Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bangsamoro Juridical Entity Opposer

I strongly oppose the Bangsamoro Juridical Entity MOA. I was born in Mindanao, Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte to be exact, although it won't be included in what is described as "a widen version of the ARMM". I don't think this Muslim groups will stop till they get the whole Mindanao for themselves. I am sorry but I can't be sympathetic to the idea that the BJE is for peace, it sounds and looks more like a pacifier for the very power greedy throwing a tantrum and Malacanang can't do anyhting about it except hand over what they want. I won't be surprised if one these days the MNLF or MILF or whoever decides to pick up the cause of the "poor plight of the Filipino Muslims" would ask for the whole country to be handed over to them.

I am apolitical even during the time that I worked for a politician but I can't help but voice my opinion mixed with very personal concerns with regards to the explosion of the news with regards to the BJE MOA. This issue does hit close to home. The BJE did creep out of nowhere. No one was really aware about it except for those who were involved in the process of this deal. I hope that this BJE MOA will never see full realization because Mindanao isn't just for the MILF or Muslims, there are other people who lives there who wouldn't want to be under a Muslim dominated rule.

No comments: