Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Coffee Chains and its Rewards Cards


I recently bought a new Starbucks card. I held off buying one when it came out last year because I was wanting to wean myself from caffeine. I'm not a coffee drinker but I do frequent Starbucks especially the one at my office building. I have an almost daily routine of getting venti iced tea; basic black and dark chocolate macadamia cookie. My order sometimes varies and I'd get hot chocolate or Tazo. I'd also try all other food offerings once in a while just so I know what's worth spending money at and what's just plain crappy. When I got my Starbucks card some 9 days ago, I got so excited. I immediately tried to register it. I didn't realize that it'll give me such a headache. I don't like calling customer service hotlines, if I do I like optimizing the automated system but for my Starbucks card which I tried registering 4 times I had no choice but to call and file an incident. I finally had it resolved this morning. I got it registered and I can now access my account. Thanks to their intervention. I actually had a more pleasant experience with my Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Swirl card. I guess they do experience technical glitches with that Starbucks card of theirs. They have anticipated it or else they wouldn't have prepared a customer service hotline for it. 

I wish I wouldn't have to encounter another problem with it. I hope I could just happily load it, swipe it, and enjoy the perks. 


No comments: